As an Owner Builder you face unique challenges and circumstances requiring policies designed specifically for you.
Owner-builder work is any work, including supervision and coordination of the construction, alterations, repairs or additions to a residential property that exceeds $10,000. Builders Insurance Hub arranges insurance cover specifically for you with insurance you want – the cover that’s right for you, not just a standard package.
As an Owner Builder what are some of the things you need cover for:
- Construction Contractual Liability. Ensuring you are covered for the contracts you have signed.
- All work at the construction site including the risks of unauthorised access, attractive nuisance, excavation work, liability to sub-contractors, vicarious liability for sub-contractors, damage to customer and other third party property, third party injuries from tools, equipment and materials.
- Business interruptions e.g. from interruption of gas or water supply
- Employee risks and injuries which may be caused by falls from ladders and scaffold, falling objects hitting head or body, crush injuries due to collapse of scaffolding, being struck or crushed by moving vehicles and stepping on nails and sharp objects and more.
- Property damage from substantial fire exposures.
Types of insurance your Builders Hub Insurance package can include:
Public Liability Insurance
Covers any third party injury and property damage. Always ask subcontractors for current Contractors Insurance Certificate and ensure they have their own workers compensation insurance.
Mainly for any unforeseeable risks during the construction phase such as vandalism, theft, fire damage, storm, wind or water damage, removal of debris and professional fees.
This only applies to any workers employed on the site.
Personal Accident / Injury Insurance
This ensures you are covered should you be involved in an accident on site.
This provides cover if you have family or friends working on the site for free.