Owner Builder Insurance

As an Owner Builder you face unique challenges and circumstances requiring policies designed specifically for you.

Owner-builder work is any work, including supervision and coordination of the construction, alterations, repairs or additions to a residential property that exceeds $10,000. Builders Insurance Hub arranges insurance cover specifically for you with insurance you want – the cover that’s right for you, not just a standard package.

As an Owner Builder what are some of the things you need cover for:

  • Construction Contractual Liability. Ensuring you are covered for the contracts you have signed.
  • All work at the construction site including the risks of unauthorised access, attractive nuisance, excavation work, liability to sub-contractors, vicarious liability for sub-contractors, damage to customer and other third party property, third party injuries from tools, equipment and materials. 
  • Business interruptions e.g. from interruption of gas or water supply
  • Employee risks and injuries which may be caused by falls from ladders and scaffold, falling objects hitting head or body, crush injuries due to collapse of scaffolding, being struck or crushed by moving vehicles and stepping on nails and sharp objects and more.
  • Property damage from substantial fire exposures.

Industry Specific, Tailored Packages

We offer tailored insurance packages for the Construction Industry. You can choose if you want all the covers or just one.

Certificates Of Currency

We can include automatic cover anywhere within Australia for all your activities and issue you a certificate of currency the same day you need the cover to get on site.


Your dedicated client manager ensures that your insurance package meets your individual needs. They are there to provide you with advice and to answer any of your questions.

Hassle Free

If something is to go wrong, your Builders Insurance Hub claims manager works for you, to ensure you get what you deserve.

Types of insurance your Builders Hub Insurance package can include:

Public Liability Insurance

Covers any third party injury and property damage. Always ask subcontractors for current Contractors Insurance Certificate and ensure they have their own workers compensation insurance.

Construction Insurance

Mainly for any unforeseeable risks during the construction phase such as vandalism, theft, fire damage, storm, wind or water damage, removal of debris and professional fees.

Workers Compensation

This only applies to any workers employed on the site.

Personal Accident / Injury Insurance

This ensures you are covered should you be involved in an accident on site.

Voluntary Works

This provides cover if you have family or friends working on the site for free.